15 January 2015

What about my crazy surgical options, Dr Spaceman?

TV star Jenna Maroney seeks medical advice from "Doctor" Leo Spaceman (pronounced 'Spachemin') to combat her new-found obesity:

Spaceman (Chris Parnell): Now Jenna, medically speaking, for your height, your weight puts you in what we call "the disgusting range". Fortunately, there are solutions. For example, crystal meth has been shown to be very effective. How important is tooth retention to you?

Jenna: (Jane Krakowski): It's... pretty important. What about my crazy surgical options, Dr Spaceman?

Spaceman: Please: "Doctor" Spaceman is my dad. Call me Leo. And there are some wonderful crazy surgical options. Are you familiar with the Bradshaw Clinic?

Jenna: Am I! That's where the Olsen twins were separated.

Spaceman: I've sent a number of my famous clients there. [Cut to framed portraits of Ashlee Simpson, Kenny Rogers, King Hollywood, Alf, some presumably well-known senator, and the Unabomber]. I can make the call, get you in as soon as possible.

Jenna: Thank you Leo. I can't be on television looking like I just had a baby or something.

Spaceman: This right here is why I got into medicine.

- 30 Rock, 'Jack Gets in the Game', s02e02, originally broadcast 11 October 2007

No comments: